Contact: Christine First
Name of School/Organization: The Eastside Montessori School
School Website: https://eastsidemontessorischool.com/
Age Group: 2.5-6 year olds
Description: The Eastside Montessori School in downtown Bellevue, WA is looking for a Full-time Classroom Assistant who will be responsible for assisting the children with their daily work and activities. In order for you to be selected as a candidate, you will need at least 1 year of experience with child(ren) ages 2 ½ to 6 years old. A calm, pleasing demeanor, along with strong communication skills, are highly valued. We will provide the selected candidate with ongoing professional development and training opportunities.
- Focus on the children and their safety as the highest priority at all times.
- Assist the Montessori teacher in preparing and maintaining a clean and neat environment.
To be mindful of your influence and consistently model appropriate grace & courtesy and display sound mannerisms.
- Oversee the classroom while the teacher gives lessons.
- Supervise lunch and recess.
- Assist in arrivals and/or dismissals.
- Document accidents, illnesses and behaviors on appropriate documentation forms.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year commitment.
- At least 1 year of experience with child(ren) ages 2 ½ to 6 years old.
- At least 18 years or older.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Classes in or certification in child development preferable.
- Current CPR, First Aid, Food Handler’s Permit, HIV/Blood borne Pathogens, STARS 30-hour.
- Child Care Basics Course certification or willingness to get training promptly.
- Department of Early Learning (DEL) Criminal Portable Background and fingerprint check.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 am -3:30 pm.
Compensation: Hourly DOE.
About The Eastside Montessori School:
The Eastside Montessori School is a place to support families as they lay the foundation for their children’s life of learning. Montessori philosophy focuses on helping children develop intellectually, emotionally, and socially, preparing them for a happy, well-adjusted, and productive life as a member of a family, a community, and the world.
School Address: 1934 108th Avenue Bellevue, Washington 98004