When registration opens for these events, you will find links here. Members receive advance notice.
We provide quality continuing education through events and connect members with other professional development opportunities.
This is the start of the application process for Montessori School Verification.
Conflict Resolution: Tools for LifeStrengthen relationships in building trust and enhance communication skills. Expand bias awareness, link neuroscience to positive responses, and boost conflict resolution skills during this 3-session webinar series presented by Maryse L. Postlewaite, founder of TLC Pathways.
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM on March 30, April 20 & May 4 - $60 for PNMA Members & the General Public
Online Registration is Now Open - Click Here to Register
Have you ever been in a situation where you wished you had handled it differently? Learn to improve and walk away having been your best self. Implementing successful tools for conflict resolution will be useful for your lifetime.
In three sequential sessions, via Zoom conferencing, participants will learn, practice, and reinforce skills to nurture more compassionate relationships. These tools are applicable for the young and old. What you take away are strategies for yourself and those in your communities. Each session will conclude with an opportunity to pose questions and exchange reflections on specific situations.
This workshop will be recorded and made available to registered attendees.
STARS Hours are available to those who attend the live events.
Visit www.tlcpathways.com or download our event poster
to learn more about our event speaker.
PNMA hosts a 2 Session workshop on practical applications of mindfulness in our classrooms. Set aside a couple evenings in May to gain strategies and useful props for keeping our children aware and bringing a positive shared experience from our workshop to your classrooms. Share your classroom ideas in the second session.
We expect to record 3 Merit Credits for this event.
Passionate Educator – Speaker- Parenting Coach- Trainer
• Icebreakers and activities
• Theory / Application of Mindfulness
• Prop-making ideas
• Implementation in the classroom
• Practical strategies to use / involve parents
• Group discussions and sharing
SESSION 1: INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS IN THE EARLY YEARS ROUTINE
1. Introduction: What is mindfulness?
2. The social emotional benefits of mindfulness / Links with the CASEL framework
3. Practical activities and techniques for educators and parents / Using breath, the senses, imagery, movement
4. Benefits of mindfulness for children / decision making, emotional regulation, attention
SESSION 2: USING DIFFERENT PROPS IN THE CLASS AND HOME / TRANSFERRING MINDFULNESS INTO ROUTINES
1. Integrating mindfulness in the class routines / bringing them home
2. How to set up calming corners in the class and home
3. Teacher’s Toolbox of Mindfulness PROPS / sharing your own activity for session two
4. Acknowledging mindfulness and virtues in children