PNMA hosts a 2 Session workshop on practical applications of mindfulness in our classrooms. Set aside a couple evenings in May to gain strategies and useful props for keeping our children aware and bringing a positive shared experience from our workshop to your classrooms. Share your classroom ideas in the second session.
We expect to record 3 Merit Credits for this event.
Passionate Educator – Speaker- Parenting Coach- Trainer
• Icebreakers and activities
• Theory / Application of Mindfulness
• Prop-making ideas
• Implementation in the classroom
• Practical strategies to use / involve parents
• Group discussions and sharing
SESSION 1: INTRODUCTION TO MINDFULNESS IN THE EARLY YEARS ROUTINE
1. Introduction: What is mindfulness?
2. The social emotional benefits of mindfulness / Links with the CASEL framework
3. Practical activities and techniques for educators and parents / Using breath, the senses, imagery, movement
4. Benefits of mindfulness for children / decision making, emotional regulation, attention
SESSION 2: USING DIFFERENT PROPS IN THE CLASS AND HOME / TRANSFERRING MINDFULNESS INTO ROUTINES
1. Integrating mindfulness in the class routines / bringing them home
2. How to set up calming corners in the class and home
3. Teacher’s Toolbox of Mindfulness PROPS / sharing your own activity for session two
4. Acknowledging mindfulness and virtues in children