Contact: Jillian Dickson
Name of School/Organization: Woodinville Montessori School
School Website: www.woodinvillemontessori.org
Age Group: 4th - 6th grade
Description: Woodinville Montessori School seeks an enthusiastic, energetic individual for our upper elementary program. The co-teachers will provide supervision over the classroom community and students’ work, with keen awareness of the functioning of the whole while also paying attention to individual and small group needs. Throughout the school year, the teacher will work with the Upper Elementary Program Director to ensure that students have the necessary tools and time to devote themselves to their work, building a cohesive community and continuing to develop the love of learning.
The Upper Elementary Teacher will share the following responsibilities with a co- teacher:
- Work in a collaborative team setting in the instruction and supervision of a cohort of 10 - 14 students out of a larger group of upper elementary students.
- Coordinate with other upper elementary classrooms in general program level and curriculum planning.
- Advise students and parents, and participate in retreats, trips, and community service activities.
- Collaborate with specialists and teaching teams at this and other levels.
- Communicate with parents in a proactive, respectful and responsive basis.
- Participate in the work of the school on pedagogy, curriculum development, and continuous evaluation and improvement.
- Plan, track, evaluate, and report on the individual progress of your student group.
- See www.woodinvillemontessori.org for a full job description
- Bachelor or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, strong background in History/Geography, Math/science and/or English/writing a bonus
- AMS Elementary I – II Credential or willingness to pursue it
- Two or more years classroom experience is preferable
- Record of continuous professional development
- Attuned to variations in learning style of individual students and willing to adapt to them
- Demonstrated enjoyment and understanding of pre-adolescent children
- Demonstrated ability to write proficiently, speak in public and work with adults
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team relationship
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationship with parents and students
- High level of organization and attention to detail and an understanding of how to convey this to students
- Technology proficient including Office Suite, Email, and internet research
Salary/Benefits: Salary is dependent on education and experience. Benefits include medical, dental, disability and life insurance; 403b retirement plan; professional development allowance.
Application Process: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, a statement of educational philosophy, and the teaching application form found on our website to: email@example.com.
Woodinville Montessori School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Phone: (425) 482-3184
School Address: 19102 North Creek Parkway, Bothell, WA 98011