Contact: Rocio Becerra
Name of School/Organization: Elderberry Montessori Preschool
School Website: www.wildflowerschools.org/ca/elderberry
Age Group: 3-6
Description: Elderberry Montessori Preschool is hiring an Assistant Teacher!
Elderberry Montessori is an authentic, community-focused Montessori Primary school (ages 3-6) dedicated to empowering children to develop their innate gifts of curiosity and autonomy.
Elderberry Montessori is a member of the Wildflower Schools Network which is a national network of micro-schools that aim to serve racially and socioeconomically diverse communities with exceptional Montessori education.
We are working to create beautiful, child-centered learning environments that support children, teachers, and families from diverse backgrounds as they follow life’s unfolding journey. The model combines time-tested, research-supported Montessori methods in one-room, neighborhood-nested shop fronts with promising new ideas in parent engagement, intentional student diversity, teacher-leader empowerment, and data-driven instruction.
● Mandarin speaking candidate.
● Experience in the Early Childhood Education field. Age range 2-7 years old
● Completed or Working towards 12 ECE credits.
● Willing to participate in live scan background check, CPR and First Aid training.
● Provide direct instruction in one-on-one, small group settings.
● Professional, kind personality when interacting with fellow colleagues, parents and children.
● Thrive to maintain a school/ community atmosphere of respect, grace and courtesy, and honesty.
● Able to attend evening events (eg. parent education nights, holiday festivals, end of year celebration)
● Organized and an open communicator
● Willing to oversee lunch, park play and nap time.
● Assist with meal/snack prep, minor washing and cleaning of tables and materials used by children.
Start date: Spring 2020
Please email your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com