Contact: Audra Sevigney
Name of School/Organization: Eton School Foundation
School Website: www.etonschool.org
Age Group: Age 3 through grade 8
Description: Eton School in Bellevue, Washington, is an independent school for children age three through grade eight whose mission in educating the whole child inspires creative, confident thinkers who have an enduring passion for learning and are poised to contribute to the world. As a school and organization, we commit to learning, reflecting, growing, changing, and honoring the worth and dignity of all people. In support of our mission and statement on diversity, we seek qualified staff to work within our afterschool childcare program, “Clubhouse”.
We are hiring Clubhouse Staff to work approximately 2:00-6:00, Monday-Friday during the academic year. During school breaks or special events where childcare is provided, alternative schedules will be written (availability and preferences taken into account when possible). The primary responsibilities of this position include supporting classrooms by covering breaks for other staff members, actively supervising students during Clubhouse, and maintaining the spaces and materials used by students in care.
Examples of Daily Tasks Include:
· Provide break coverage for Lead Teachers and Classroom Assistants.
· Supervise students in care and implement the curriculum and schedule set forth by the Clubhouse Supervisor.
· Monitor students in the hallways, restrooms, and other shared spaces as needed.
· Clean and maintain the materials and spaces used for Clubhouse.
· Assist the Clubhouse Supervisor with various tasks such as snack preparation, walking students to and from after-school classes, or preparing age-appropriate activities.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· 18 years of age
· Experience in childcare, early childhood education, or related field preferred
· High school diploma or GED required
· Health and safety training can be completed upon hire, costs reimbursed by the school:
Pediatric and Adult CPR/AED and First Aid training
Bloodborne Pathogens training
Mandated Reporter training
Medication Management training
30 STARS hours of Childcare Basics if working within Pre-elementary
Washington State Food Worker card
· Must have results of a one-step Mantoux TB skin test prior to starting work or provide written proof of a negative test result within the past twelve months. Positive results require documentation of treatment or a negative chest x-ray.
· Must show either proof of MMR and COVID-19 vaccinations, proof of immunity through antibody titer, a health care provider's attestation of infection sufficient to provide immunity or documentation of applicable exemption.
· Must complete a Portable Background Check through DCYF and submit to fingerprinting as required.
· Must be able to lift 30 lbs. overhead and to move freely while supervising and engaging in indoor and outdoor activities with students.
Employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement plan following one year and a minimum of 1,000 hours worked; for each dollar an employee contributes, Eton School will provide a matching contribution of up to 8% of an employee's eligible compensation. Health, vision, and dental plans are available to full-time employees after the first full month of employment and are available at a prorated amount to anyone working fewer than 24 hours per week. Other benefits include discounted Costco membership, discounted rates for Aflac plans, complimentary childcare for enrolled children of employees (up to allowable IRS limits), as well as paid professional development opportunities. Paid time off, vacation, and paid holidays available as stated in the Eton School Employee Handbook.
Our community promotes a culture of mutual support and life-long learning. We welcome students as equal partners in education, encourage independence, and model grace and courtesy. Employees interact positively and professionally with all members of the community, allowing for the differences of individuals. As such, employees of Eton are expected to respectfully engage with, learn from, and honor staff, students, and families regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, military status, or the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability. If you have a warm disposition, a genuine love for children, are a life-long learner, and would enjoy working in a strong collaborative environment, please apply.
Eton School is an equal opportunity employer. Submit cover letter and completed application or resume. Application can be found at: https://bit.ly/es_employmentapp
Phone: (425) 881-4230
School Address: 2701 Bel-Red Road, Bellevue, WA 98008