Contact: Tomomi Saito-Kalkhoven
Name of School/Organization: Pikake School
School Website: www.pikakeschool.com
Age Group: Primary (2.5-6)
Description: Pikake School is a bilingual Montessori preschool (English and Japanese) in Bellevue. We are currently seeking a new team member for Montessori Primary Guide for 3-6 years old classroom.
Our school has a wonderful community of families and teachers with a charming, friendly atmosphere. We have a low teacher-student ratio (1:9) and beautiful classrooms with lots of natural light where we hope you will enjoy working with our children.
Our teachers work collaboratively within each classroom, and we have a closely-knit, highly supportive work environment where each team member is a welcome and valued contributor toward the success of our school. Bring your ideas and your talents to help inspire children, their families and strengthen our community.
Job Description & Specifications: Early Childhood Lead Teacher
8:15 am – 4:15 pm (8 hours/per day)
* Hours includes 1.5 hours Teacher Prep-time each day
Expected Starting Date: As soon as we find a good candidate
Wage: $20 - $27/hour (Depending On Experience)
- Planning monthly lesson plans, providing one on one lessons and guiding students 3-6 years old
- Maintaining a neat and organized, and prepared environment for students
- Being creative and run circle time with lessons and music time
- Observing and tracking student learning, meeting families for Parent-Teacher conferences
- Guiding children towards autonomy, curiosity and respect
- Collaborating with families to align with the Montessori Method and understand their family values
- Working as a team and Contributing ideas in meetings; working with lead teacher team and school director
- Participating in occasional community events, program events, and parent education classes which may occur outside of normal weekday school hours
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Montessori teaching certificate (AMS, AMS, MACTE)
- Minimum 1 year relevant teaching experience with young children (Ideally in a Montessori classroom)
- Competency in speaking and writing English
- Experience working with teaching English to ESL children is a plus
- Passion working with young children
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to relate well with children, families and other teachers
- Motivated in learning continuously
- Caring team member (We have a caring, dedicated team!)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Competitive wages (depending on experience and Montessori training)
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Retirement Plan (Simple IRA with 3% company matching contributions)
- Paid school holidays and 4 weeks paid school breaks
- Employee discount on tuition and before/after school care
- Continuing education available
- Low student-to-teacher ratio: 9 to 1
- Teacher Prep time: 1.5 hours a day
- Delicious daily hot lunch (our favorite!)
- The opportunity to directly impact the education of children positively
- Being a part of our amazing reputation
You may be a great fit if you:
- Enjoy the presence of young children and want to help foster their growth
- Love Japanese culture and would like to be part of the community (Japanese skills are not required for this position).
- Would like to continue learning and grow as a Montessori educator (we will support your professional development!)
Training and Certification Expectations:
Per our DCYF (Department of Children, Youth and Families) regulations regarding educators, we require:
- Portable Background Check
- WA State Food Handler’s Permit
- Proof of MMR immunization
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Proof of negative Tuberculosis skin test
- First Aid/CPR certification (within 30 days of hire)
- Maintain WA DCYF Continuing Education Requirements (10 STAR hours per year)
If not yet completed, our team will gladly help walk you through these necessary steps.
What our teachers Love about our school:
“Loving and nurturing community with families and other staff members!”
“Delicious Japanese hot lunch!”
“Dedicate and passionate teachers for Montessori bilingual education!”
“Beautiful and bright classroom environment!”
We are looking forward to hearing from you. We would love you to be a part of our amazing ohana (family) of educators, taking this journey together!
Phone: (425) 590-9320
School Address: 16007 NE 8th St. Suite 200, Bellevue, WA 98008