Contact: Chelle Downey-Magee
Name of School/Organization: Issaquah Montessori School
School Website: issaquahmontessori.com
Age Group: Early Childhood
Description: Issaquah Montessori School is seeking assistant teachers to work in our early childhood classrooms for the 2018-2019 school year, with employment beginning in late August. Issaquah Montessori School is an inclusive and supportive community of life-long-learners located in the Cascade foothills, about 30 minutes east of Seattle.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: classroom preparation, cleaning, observation during work periods, recess supervision, record keeping and helping with nap.
The ideal candidate is:
- Loving, enthusiastic and respectful
- Positive, punctual and dependable
- Able to multi-task, show initiative and able to accept direction
- Curious about Montessori philosophy and willing to participate in further professional development
- Physically able to engage with the children on their level
- Able to effectively plan, problem solve, communicate and collaborate with a variety of personalities.
- Is flexible and willing to provided support where needed to the benefit of the community
- Able to pass a Washington State Background check and provide supplemental materials showing required certifications/documentation
Montessori experience is not required as we will provide training on Montessori philosophy and the culture at Issaquah Montessori.
Required documentation: Food Handler Permit, STARS number, and TB (Mantoux) test. Salary and benefits dependent on education and experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Phone: (425) 557-7705
School Address: 24326 SE Issaquah-Fall City Road Issaquah, WA 98029