Contact: Chelle Downey-Magee
Name of School/Organization: Issaquah Montessori School
School Website: issaquahmontessori.com
Age Group: Toddlers
Description: We’re searching for a friendly, reliable person, with a good sense of humor to join the toddler teaching team to work with 14 children between the ages of 15 and 36 months. The goal in the toddler environment is independence; the team supporting this endeavor is led by a certified Montessori toddler teacher. This is an entry-level, full-time position for a responsible person who loves working with children. The hours are 9:30am to 6:00pm, with compensation beginning at $14/hour. Training in Montessori philosophy and classroom expectations will be provided.
The ideal candidate is:
- Loving, enthusiastic and respectful
- Positive, punctual and dependable
- Able to multi-task, show initiative and able to accept direction
- Curious about Montessori philosophy and willing to participate in further professional development
- Physically able to engage with the children on their level
- Is able to effectively plan, problem solve, communicate and collaborate with a variety of personalities.
- Is flexible and willing to provided support where needed to the benefit of the community
- Able to pass a Washington State Background check and provide supplemental materials showing required certifications/documentation
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Helping to maintain the order and cleanliness of the environment
- Providing patient, kind, reliable and consistent care
- Providing support in daily activities (meals, diapering, toileting, naps, recess and transitions) while guiding each child towards independence
- Assisting lead teacher in supporting the environment and the children’s development
Full-time hours begin August 20, with two days of training. Additional hours are available in summer.
Phone: (425) 557-7705
School Address: 24326 SE Issaquah-Fall City Road, Issaquah, WA 98029